The most important part of the cooking process is being sure to remove any tough stems from the bottom of the leaves, as they are difficult to tenderize.
Pro tip: Line the bottom of the baking pan with extra cabbage leaves to prevent the wraps from sticking to the bottom of the pan during baking. I like to use any pieces of leaves that don’t make the cut for using as wraps.
8 Stuffed Cabbage wraps
1. In a medium pan, begin to brown ground turkey.
2. While turkey cooks, bring a large pot of water to boil and place cabbage leaves in water to tenderize, for about 5 minutes. Remove from pot and set aside on paper towel.
3. Once turkey is browned, pour into a mixing bowl. Add carrots, onion, and water chestnuts. Mix.
4. In a separate small bowl, whisk together sauce ingredients. Pour over vegetable and turkey mixture. Stir to coat.
5. Preheat oven to 350℉. Line a 9×13 baking pan with 8 cabbage leaves.
6. Place 1/3 cup filling in the center of cabbage leaves. Fold in the sides and roll up from the bottom.
7. Place in pan seam side-down. Brush cabbage with olive oil. Bake 35-40 minutes. Cabbage rolls should be lightly browned on top
Stuffed cabbage wraps get an Asian-inspired twist in this recipe full of fresh ingredients. This recipe makes a large batch for a Paleo-friendly crowd pleaser.