Ready in 45 mins
• 1 large jicama, peeled and cut into 1⁄4-inch sticks
• 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
• 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
• pinch of freshly ground black pepper
• 1⁄4 teaspoon smoked or sweet paprika (optional)
• 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 400°F. place a large rimmed baking sheet in the oven to preheat.
Step 2: In a bowl, toss the jicama fries with the olive oil, salt, black pepper, and spices, if desired.
Step 3: Carefully spread the jicama fries onto the hot baking sheet in a single layer. Roast for 20 minutes; then, give them a stir and roast for another 15 minutes. Serve hot.
Jicama is a non-starchy root vegetable commonly used in Mexico and Southeast Asia. it has a crisp, juicy texture and a slightly sweet flavor. Use it raw in salads and slaws, or cooked in place of starchier vegetables like potatoes. These fries will be a hit with the whole family!
Dr, Mark Hyman - Mark's Kitchen