Chill Time: 60 Minutes
• 1 cup shredded red cabbage
• 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
• 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
• zest of 1/2 large orange
• 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
• sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Step 1: Combine the cabbage, olive oil, vinegars and orange zest in a large bowl.
Step 2: Add the coriander and season to taste with salt and black pepper. Toss until well mixed.
Step 3: Refrigerate for 1 hour. To serve, divide onto two plates, sprinkle the cilantro on top and serve chilled.
In this citrus-scented salad, the orange and coriander marry well together. Try this refreshing salad the next time you want to expand your repertoire of preparing cruciferous vegetables.
Mark's Kitchen - Dr. Mark Hyman