2 large sweet potatoes, peeled
1. Turn oven to broil at 550°F. Place poblano pepper in oven on baking sheet. Broil until skin bubbles and is charred, about 15 minutes
2. Place poblano pepper in ziplock bag for 10 minutes.
3. While poblano rests, remove ends of sweet potato so they are flat. Spiral slice sweet potato using 3mm blade.
4. Remove poblano from bag, peel off skin and remove the stem.
5. Combine poblano, jalapeño, garlic, lime juice and half of cilantro in a food processor. Blend until just combined.
6. Add coconut milk and blend until smooth.
7. Transfer mixture to a saucepan over low heat and bring to a simmer. Add sea salt and stir.
8. Remove 1/2 cup of sauce and pour into a measuring cup or bowl. whisk In tapioca starch until smooth and thick.
9. Pour mixture back into saucepan and stir to incorporate until sauce is thickened. Allow sauce to simmer on low heat for 10 minutes longer.
10. In a separate large pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add spiralized sweet potatoes and cook until just tender stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
11. Serve sauce over sweet potato “noodles.” Garnish with extra cilantro.
Creamy, comforting and delicious! This Paleo noodle recipe ticks all the comfort food checkboxes: Sweet potatoes bring beautiful color, texture and a healthy dose of fiber to this meal, while poblano and jalapeño add a bit of spice. This dish would be terrific served with grilled chicken or beef. You can also impress your non-meat eating friends by making them this recipe.